Tool for Removing USD Spring retainer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Tool for Removing USD Spring retainer?

You know the one on the first stage that is open to the environment? What do you use for that?

If you are talking about the external and internal snap rings, I use a pair of good quality snap ring pliers. Don't go cheap on them, the cheap ones are not up to the job. I have this pair from McMaster Carr #5391a34 . Do a search on that number at this site . McMaster-Carr

If you are working on any USD regs, you will also be doing yourself a big favor if you buy the HP seat installation tool. USD part #111000. It's around $15 and worth every penny. You can assemble the HP stage without it but it is sooooooo much easier with the tool.

Last edited:
I meant the intermediate pressure spring adjuster.

But since I am looking at a SEA first stage, I am looking at two of them. one for the spring block, and the other for the adjustment screw.

I know you can use a large screwdriver, and I ground down a chisel before. But maybe there is something smarter to use.

Since I went to Harbor Freight for the ultrasonic anyway, I bought a bench grinder to make some tools. I am going to destroy a set of chisels to make a tank tool and a big ole screwdriver.

While you are at it, buy a cheap 1" wrench and carefully grind out the middle section to make a deep 1" wrench for taking off yoke nuts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom