Too skinny

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaskipper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My problem is, water leaks in the neck and wrist whenever I move my head right or left. Seems like the tendons in my neck open up the seal. When I flex my wrist down it does the same thing. Anybody got a trick to fix this?

My problem is, water leaks in the neck and wrist whenever I move my head right or left. Seems like the tendons in my neck open up the seal. When I flex my wrist down it does the same thing. Anybody got a trick to fix this?

Here is the URL to the Apollo USA web site

Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Bio Seal

I looked at the bio seals already. At $80 a pair, they seem to be a bit pricey. Replacement seals are the same price. Any other suggestions?

Find a wet suit maker and have them cut out a neck ring for you and some wrist cuffs that have smooth skin on both sides.

Or, order a smaller set of neck and wrist seals.

Or, if your suit will work with it, have neoprene seals installed.

I am totally assuming that you are referring to a dry suit.

I've already taken to rolling my whole body instead of turning my head anymore than needed. I don't need to move my wrist as much now that I'm not shooting so much UW video. If I'm careful about movements, I can usually come out of the water with maybe 1/8th cup water to wring out. Smooth skin gauntlet and neck gator I've thought of, I'm trying to find a source now. I'll try neoprene seals the next time seals need to be replaced. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom