Too Much Air in Drysuit Feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the boots do have notches to keep the straps on, but I've felt that with the boot full of air my heel could actually slip out and the fin could then slip off. That was when I was grossly overweighted, but the ballooning boots and blisters are bad enough.

I'm wearing 2mm neoprene socks inside because at the surface, with no air in the boot, they are a little tight.

I'm wearing 2mm neoprene socks inside because at the surface, with no air in the boot, they are a little tight.

Those sound tight and minimally compressible. I wear big, fluffy, Woolrich socks (the same ones I used to wear with boots to the barn in deep winter). They are totally comfortable whether on the surface or at depth, and they have plenty of loft to keep my feet warm but also to adjust to changing conditions inside the boot (more or less air, greater or lesser depth). I recommend them highly.

True, but they do keep air from accumulating around your calves/ankles. ...//...

Not much personal info offered, so I can't tell if the OP is diving cold or not. If not, I'd suggest that the OP lose the bubble entirely. For now, try to maintain a light crush. After enough dives, you will know when you want a bit of a bubble back in your suit.

The boots are tight, not the socks. When I have anything thicker, it's very uncomfortable to wear inside the boot.

I'm diving in 52 degree water most of the year. The issue is bubble in my boots.

The size is good. It's that the boots fill with air, expanding the spring, and my feet move around in the boot. I'm pinning my hopes on the fin keepers and gaiters to keep the boot compressed and slow the entry of air into my feet so I have time to drop them a little before the squish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom