Too many options. Which to pick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oops no the Jubilee, not to be confused with Jubelale. Mmmm, beer. Went to LDS and tried on the Mares Morphos. I (we) think they put a medium sticker on a large vest because it was BIG on me. But they also had a Vector 1000 and it fit better, but I think for my 1/yr dive trips it is too much. I tried the Seaquest Passport and one other whose name escapes me. I think the small travel style more fits my need. I guess that leans to the Escape. I guess I will talk it over with Larry at ScubaToys and figure it out. Thanks!
Jeremy

I'm sure Larry will be able to give you some very good suggestions on which BC to get for your needs.

I dive mainly in the tropics too with a Zeagle Brigade. I did consider getting a Zeagle Escape but decided to go with the Brigade as it comes with the more rugged Ranger harness and travel-friendly Escape bladder.

Have you made a list of your own requirements?
For example, I like to carry a small digital camera in my BC pocket - photography is not my main activity nowadays but I like to have it with me. So that means one deep pocket, from which a camera can easily be retrieved underwater. And with a convenient d-ring to maintain the camera clipped off at all times.
I also like to carry a secondary dive-light but I want it easily available - preferably in a shallow pocket. Also with convenient d-ring.
I carry a set of tables, buddy line, ss mirror and miniature (reserve) dive knive in my cummerbund pocket.
I like to have a safety sausage on one rear hip d-ring and a small safety spool on the other rear hip d-ring.
I like to have d-rings at convenient heights to clip off my octopus and my console.
I like to have shoulder and hip dump valves which can be operated by well located easy-to-find pull knobs or by locating the pull stings directly in the centre of the valves for instant location in an emergency. Also the inflator hose should also have a pull dump.
I like to have a chest strap to keep the BC well positioned and where I tie my storm whistle so it can be raised directly to my lips without untying it.
If I had to go shopping for a new bc, even though there appear to be many types on the market, not many actually meet my requirements list.
I suggest you think first about the way you dive and make up a list of needs. Then you choose.

jeremyl:
Ok, another travel diver here. ~1wk/yr in the tropics. Time to buy my own maybe. I am 5'7" 155lbs, so not a big guy.
Thanks!
Jeremy

Jeremy,

You're a bigger guy than me, at least in height. I have traveled with the Escape and I have traveled with my BP/W setup.

My BP/W packed easier and weighs about the same as the Escape. If you get an AL plate it weigh even less.

Just another option to consider.

take a look at the new Sherwood travel line the "Axis"...or last year's Tortuga...they are back-inflation and are slim for travel.

-J.-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom