Tons of Steel Clipper Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We had several dates on the books to dive the clipper. Problem was, the dang thing was on the surface for all of them. Now that she's on the bottom, we have a new date.

Saturday, April 5 we'll be doing the Tons of Steel tour on the clipper. That's 3 dives in one long day. I think this trip will fill up quick, so get wit me if you want in on it. Price for the dives is $200.00. I'll have information on hotels and ride share from Oak Hill Scuba in Austin.

Hey there, Mac, I may be game (of course, with my fiance). Just let me know when you need a deposit and how the transportation to and from will work.

As far as transportation, some of us will be flying down there in a group of private planes. The rest (majority) will work out a ride share. My thoughts are to leave Friday about noonish and return on Sunday. I'm sure some hearty souls will want to drive back Saturday evening.

Hey Mack,

If you are flying can others tag along. If so, what is the fee for that. Also, what you are doing about tanks, renting from Tim?

Also, is this a recreational trip or a tech trip.

thanks

Layne

Hey Mack,

If you are flying can others tag along. If so, what is the fee for that. Also, what you are doing about tanks, renting from Tim?

Also, is this a recreational trip or a tech trip.

thanks

Layne

Hey Layne

I'll most likely be in the ground based ride share, unless I can hitch a ride on one of the planes. :eyebrow:

Tanks are going to be an eclectic mix. Some guys have their own, some will rent from me and some will get them from American Diving. The trip includes air (tanks) and Nitrox is available.

I know several guys on the trip are strictly recreational, but some folks may want to plan for a deco stop. I don't know if we can set it up to allow for the tech guys to maybe do 2 dives to everyone else's 3. I'll check with Capt. Tim on that and let you know.

For those that want to sign up, Come by the shop and pay for the dives. If the trip cancels due to weather, civil unrest, act of God, ..., I'll refund the deposit.

I checked with Capt. Tim and he has no desire to mix tech diving with recreational. So, this will be a recreational trip. Other details: Air is provided, Nitrox is available.

I need a $50.00 per person deposit to hold your spot. Of course, you're welcome to pay in full.

Mack,

At this point who many divers do you have committed and who many open slots left?

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom