Tonight's night dive was a bit above average...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I couldn't count 'em all. I figured 25 would be very conservative, probably in the low 30s. When the manta report was e-mailed out, one of the videographers listed 36 mantas that they identified at the site last night. That number could grow if any other videographers spotted others. It was crazy, sort of like being in the middle of a slow motion stampede without getting hurt - got bumped a lot.

Looks like an awesome dive! I went on the night dive looking for the manta's in Kona back in January,2006. The mantas did not show up for me,bummer. I plan on returning to Kona later this year and trying my luck again with the manta rays.

Nice video. That's one of my diving goals, to dive with a Mantra Ray.

*Edit* I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out hwo to embed your video...no dice. if you upload it to youtube you can use the [ YT ]videonumber[ /YT ] tags.

Very cool video tho, I am very jealous! Cant wait to dive with a Manta Ray.

Last edited:
I already let support know...lets see if they can make it happen :wink:

I'm finding vimeo does a better job with compression so the videos look better than when uploaded to youtube. I don't know how to properly prepare it for youtube so there isn't a lot of loss, there must be a way because I see a lot of crisp video on youtube, but I'm doing it wrong I guess. It'd be cool if support can figure out a way to get other video hosts to be embeddable. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom