tonight at Redondo ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Had a very nice 63-minute dive with Marc (Blitz) at Redondo tonight. Here's a few pics from the evening's activities ...

bottle_octo_small.jpg

crab_love_small.jpg

janolus_small.jpg

nudi_anemones_small.jpg

pp_gunnel_small.jpg

Lovely dive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Those are some beautifull pics! Very nice, thanks for sharing them here.

Bob, you have the most incredible octopus luck!

We had a great dive at "the office" tonight -- viz was probably 25 or more feet. Lots of fish, including a couple I need to look up because I have not seen them before. The tide was coming in, and at the end of the dive, we got caught in a bit of moving water that literally blew us in to shore . . . only to pause over a type of anemone that was new to me, and Peter got pictures.

What was awesome was running into Laurel LeFevre, and I described that anemone to him, and he could tell us precisely where it was located. That's knowing Cove 2 perhaps a bit too well!

Snowbear:
Nice pics Bob... I see your new camera is serving you well :D
Well, sort of ... in the San Juan Islands this past week-end I took over 270 pictures. I only kept less than 30 ... because most were slightly out of focus. And of those, only one came out really sharp ...

barnacle_small.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Wow Bob - and that one was amazing!
I've been trying to get a barnacle shot like that since I got my camera... now you've made me want to try even harder :D

I too usually end up with a fraction of the pictures I took actually being worth keeping. That's why I like digital with a large memory card. I can snap-shoot hundreds of pictures and never run out of film :14:

Yeah, nobody ever gets too wound up about wasting pixels . . . :)

Snowbear:
Wow Bob - and that one was amazing!
I've been trying to get a barnacle shot like that since I got my camera... now you've made me want to try even harder :D
The currents were running pretty strong all week-end (with 13-foot exchanges), and with the heavy plankton bloom the barnacles were very active. I "timed" probably 3 to 4 dozen shots.

Vis on the six dives we did ranged between 5 and 12 feet.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom