Today's Willis Pt. photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That definitely looks like a structure dive. But I'm amazed at the quality of the wide-angle shots of your buddy. The water must have been pretty darned clear!

The water must have been pretty darned clear!

I would say that it was about 50ft. The wide angle definitely make it better than it really was.

Cheers

Al

That definitely looks like a structure dive. But I'm amazed at the quality of the wide-angle shots of your buddy. The water must have been pretty darned clear!

Yeah, there isn't a pile of life so the topography is the draw for me here. I used a flash for many of the photos to light up the diver so it wasn't strictly natural-light.

Tough to believe those bare rocks could be so close to Ten Mile Point where you cant see the rocks for the life. Top right pic is incredible..What depth?

Tough to believe those bare rocks could be so close to Ten Mile Point where you cant see the rocks for the life. Top right pic is incredible..What depth?

The depth by the cloud sponge was about 120 feet (high tide). Saanich Inlet is a completely different ecosystem than the Juan De Fuca side of Victoria. There is alot of bare rock (almost like a lake), but it can have excellent visibility and if you have a boat, there are the piles of cloud sponges.

Mark too bad the top pictures on the left is not as clear as the one on the right. I'm pretty sure that I will be available for a dive at Mackenzie Bight on Monday the 8 Oct, PM if you are interested.

Al

Nice pics Mark. Gee, Al sure has been making a lot less bubbles lately eh?

Nice pics Mark. Gee, Al sure has been making a lot less bubbles lately eh?

Hey Dave, I'm getting really comfortable with the RB, buoyancy is also getting better showly, a few more hours on the unit and I should be as good as I was on OC.
I never thought that I would like it so much, no more bubbles for Al:D
I should have move to CCR a lot sooner.

Cheers

Al

Hey Dave, I'm getting really comfortable with the RB, buoyancy is also getting better showly, a few more hours on the unit and I should be as good as I was on OC.
I never thought that I would like it so much, no more bubbles for Al:D
I should have move to CCR a lot sooner.

Cheers

Al

Hate to say I yold ya so:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom