Today's Dolphin Beach (Nanoose) photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think your local dive shops made up a bunch of fiberglass wolfeel heads and stuck them peeking out of piles of boulders to sell the area as a guaranteed wolfeel sighting destination. -Kind of like Hornby and sixgills. If you look closely at most Hornby sixgill photos you can see the line tethering the bouyant sixgill model to the bottom. Seriously though, I'll probably try for the Nanoose area again sometime this week with a working flash. You have more life up there than in Saanich Inlet and better visibility this time of year than the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

I think they follow you around.

They are star struck, they want their pictures posted on the web so they can become stars :rofl3:

Just wondering how you manage to avoid getting all the light scatter from the crap in the water. How far off your camera is your flash.

I know Ive asked this before but what are you shooting with?

J

Just wondering how you manage to avoid getting all the light scatter from the crap in the water. How far off your camera is your flash.

I know Ive asked this before but what are you shooting with?

J

It's a Canon Rebel XT with a manual Zenitar 16mm fisheye lens. As for the backscatter, I don't know, I think it's mostly the wide-angle lens. The wider the lens, the smaller the backscatter so it's less noticeable. Also, I try to have as much natural light in the background as possible so any reflected particles tend to blend into the bacground. If the background was black, you would see alot more particles. The flash is about 1-1.5 feet from the lens. I know most people say to put it farther, but most things I take pictures of are only maybe 2 feet from the lens.

Nice pix!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom