Today's *Dive*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
We motored out in pretty windy roll-y conditions to a reef that we got some coordinates on after we decided that the Corsair was a bit rough.

Current kept me from getting down, I was nervous I might not make it back to the boat....peer pressure is a *****. Thatssomebadhatharry dropped to the bottom at about 70 ft and crawled along taking pictures of Kurt freediving.

Good job Dave, your're an action hero now--he earned a round of applause from all when he finally made it back to our tag line before we pulled up our anchor.

collage14-2.jpg

Yes Catherine, that was me waving to you from Dan's boat today. We were just coming in from the corsair to sit between dives. We had slack current until our safety stop, then it picked up quick Makapu. Current was strong a Kk craters too.
Tried to get some good garden eel HD footage but had a first time deep diver today so I couldn't get sidetracked.

LOL..oh YOU!

I said "that is somebody I know VERY well, I just can't quite see who it is!"

Dave and I were in about an hour after we saw you, we were letting the ninja girls freedive first, so that somebody could sit on the boat..but the current an hour later was too much for this old girl.

I thought they are calling for big winds comin tomorrow...I thought they said 30-40!
Small craft advisories anyway..

HD..garden eels, wow

do you crawl in on your stomach?

They are predicting ENE, 14 mph with gusts of 29 mph for tomorrow. About the same on Saturday, starting to lighten slightly on Sunday.

Action hero..I like the sound of that.

The swim back to the boat was brutal. You made a wise decision.

I'll have pictures later today. The internet at my house isn't workings so I'm totally poaching right now.

Catherine
Do you have my mask?

Shoot! We have a night dive scheduled with Breeze tomorrow night. Do you think they will call it?

Catherine
Do you have my mask?

I think I might actually. I ended up with an extra one, I thought it was JBs.

If you need it, I'm on the Pu'uekena Hill off Kaleaneole. Or girl child works at Phuket Thai on McCully...she could take it to work, that would give you a 6 hour window.

Nice pictures! You're a very good diver--I was ready to pull anchor and come get you but Kurt said "oh, he can make it to the tag line" Thanks for telling me I made a good decision, because I hate to feel like a wimp. But the truth is, I'm not a spring chicken anymore.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom