Today's Dive - UK - Saturday 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I decided to have a bit more of an attempt at getting some fish shots today, especially as the viz wasn't too bad - I'd kind of forgotten how frustrating it can be!!

The Wrasse in the picture below has a large parasite on it (there's also another one right next to it's eye). These parasites are very common in our area, and can be seen on quite a large proportion of fish.

Anyway, apologies as there's quite a few pics.

wrasse-parasite.jpg

littlecuttle5.jpg

twospot-goby2.jpg

twospot-blenny-3.jpg

scorpion2.jpg

strawberry-anemone-abstract.jpg

All great pics. If that's a Goby with its mouth open, it looks like it was trying to scare you away from it.
Great shot of the fish and the parasite. Dang, those parasites are big buggahs.

Yet another set of wonderful photos!

I think you went to Mars for that last shot of the orange/yellow thingamajig. What is that thing?

Those parasites are scary looking. Why do you think there are so many in your area? Maybe an absence of cleaner wrasses/shrimps that could pick off the parasites when they're small like the one on the wrasses eye?

Gilligan:
Dang, those parasites are big buggahs.

Yeah it was a monster, must have been 1" or so long - certainly wouldn't one of those getting in the wetsuit :11:

Marlo, that's a Strawberry Anemone all closed up......I thought it looked quite strange!! As for the cleaner wrasse/shrimps, we don't get those in our waters at all, so no cleaning stations or such like either.

Great shots. Lots of strange looking stuff in the sea.

All are great! Love the Cuddlefishes camoflage. And the orange and yellow of the anemone is very striking. But that's no parasite....it's an alien being!

wow!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom