Today's dive on the LCU

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Today myself, Rockjock VblueV and Ed ventured to the west side to dive the LCU. When we hit the water we heard a very welcome sound...if you listen closely you will be able to hear it.

Here is the link to the video I shot today...I am sure Rockjock will have some of his own (Rockjock if you would send me some of it...instructor@scubaanddreams.com) :)

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=84881&cdate=20070106

Don't worry VblueV I didn't post the video of your boat acrobatics...as funny as it is :)

Definately one of the most meomorable dives yet.....thank you so much vbluev, rockjock and ed for the fun.

WHALES! that's really great.

even the reg sounds so relaxing....

sounds great, you guys sure get some good dives in. Nice boat set up too!

can't wait to get my EPIRB housing from Rockjock...

His housing is impressive, eh?

Thanks for the Video and Pics Sherman. I will try to have my video up sometime later tonight. I'll post the link to it on this forum. I don't even think that I'll edit the sound due to the background music provided by the whales. I got good video from both dives.

I just came from the park below my house and they say (freedivers and windsurferes) that the swell from the east is really starting to arap around to our south shore. FWIW. I was hoping to catch the great viz that we had a couple weeks ago. Lots of rain predicted this coming week.

I can't believe you guys left me yesterday morning... I should have followed my own advice on that dive.

fishb0y:
I can't believe you guys left me yesterday morning... I should have followed my own advice on that dive.

Do tell...please I want to hear how it turned out....

I refuse to dive with dudes who point their spearguns in my direction...constantly, bring said spear guns on the YO and Sea Tiger, cause permanent nerve damage to my buddies etc etc...I was suprised you went with them :)

Anyway...should make for a good story...please do tell

Scuba and Dream:
Today myself, Rockjock, VBlueV, and Ed ventured to the west side to dive the LCU.

Definately one of the most memorable dives yet.....
yeah fishb0y.. when we turned the corner past e-beach.. the water was just so flat..
i knew we'd have some great dives!

viz was incredible.. over 100+ft.. and with the sun breakin' thru below 80fsw..
it was like we weren't even under water.. here's a pic:
LCU_680.jpg

:wink: amazing how intact it is.. it really is!

That's funny!!!

The "Captain" was just being himself. I got to the point where I just needed to get off the boat. I don't even think that the engine was off when I hit the water. It didn't help that out of the 4 boats there, ALL FOUR HAD ENGINE PROBLEMS! I'm wondering if it is the ethanol in the fuel now.

Scuba and Dream:
Do tell...please I want to hear how it turned out....

I refuse to dive with dudes who point their spearguns in my direction...constantly, bring said spear guns on the YO and Sea Tiger, cause permanent nerve damage to my buddies etc etc...I was suprised you went with them :)

Anyway...should make for a good story...please do tell

By the way.......you guys suck.......:D
left me sitting at the dock, so I had no recourse but be a mechanic all afternoon in the HOT sweltering sun, skinning my knuckles, while you guys go off and dive.....
Fishboy...you are a braver man than I, enough said....

S&D.......LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE LINE.....

Sorry, Jimbo. Wish you could have been there.

I didn't get my video uploaded, but did get it edited down to about 3.5 minutes. A couple more little tweaks and I should get the link out either today or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom