Today's dive 6/7/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally the bad weather has cleared, so I couldn't resist a dive after work. Unfortunately the viz was terrible - about 1 metre!! It may have been due to the low tide rather than the previous few days weather conditions.

Anyway, a few of the best fromthe dive:-

blackfaced-blenny-female-4.jpg

black-faced-blenny-male3.jpg

black-faced-blenny-male.jpg

black-faced-blenny-male2.jpg

Good stuff. How close were you?

Thanks everyone.

The top piccy is of a female Black Faced Blenny, and the yellow ones are the males.

All shot with 105mm Macro, about 6-8" away. The males have a habit of sitting on the underside of rocks and outcrops, so you have to lay on your back to get the shots, which is a little uncomfortable after a while, and then rotate them afterwards to the right way up.

Chippy the underwater contortionist! Thanks for the tidbit (and excellent documentary pics) about the upside-down males. Strange behavior, but then again, I remember doing lots of strange things in college trying to impress women.....

Excellent, chippy! What is that first one? I'm slowly trying to learn ID's.

She's a female black faced blenny.

I'm not too sure what the distribution of them is, but beleive they're a cold water fish, so you may not get too see them in warmer water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom