Today's Dive 13/6 UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't been for a dive for a couple of weeks, but managed one today, and had some really great (for Jersey) viz.

Anyway here's a few of the pics.

Cloak-Anemone.jpg

Sole2.jpg

Black-Faced-Blenny3.jpg

Sole1.jpg

Little-Cuttle.jpg

Dang, chippy....that was worth waiting a couple weeks for! I love eyes and these are great!

Great shots chippy. The eye shots are neat.

oh very nice! very nice indeed

Always love your shots. You give inspiration to all who don't dive in perfect vis :wink:

I'm also an Eye fan, and you've captured the detail of them really well here. Is that a dover sole? The emerald glow is extraterrestrial looking.

I'm also a sucker for squid -- I like how the spots (chromato something, can't remember the exact bio term) match the sand.

Excellent work. How close are you able to get with the 70-180 lens? Or can you take these shots at a good enough distance so you won't scare the critters?

marpacifica:
I'm also an Eye fan, and you've captured the detail of them really well here. Is that a dover sole? The emerald glow is extraterrestrial looking.

I'm also a sucker for squid -- I like how the spots (chromato something, can't remember the exact bio term) match the sand.

Excellent work. How close are you able to get with the 70-180 lens? Or can you take these shots at a good enough distance so you won't scare the critters?

Just looked at the second picture of the sole again - do you realise he is talking to you. Great call marpacifica it really does remind me of an extraterrestrial.

marpacifica:

Thanks everyone....

Marlo, yeah (s)he's a Dover Sole. I actually found two of them in buries in the sand. They were fairly tricky to shoot because they're just like little sandy blobs with these two eyes poking out of the sand, so it was a bit of a challenge to try and get something other than two eyes sticking out of the sand!

On the first Sole shot, I noticed that every now and then he'd give a little "cough", so I tried to time the shot to get one with his mouth open, and used a diagonal composition to try and make it look a little more interesting. I also moved a little more round to the front of the fish to get both eyes in....it looked a bit weird with just one eye!

All of these shots were taken with my 105mm macro - I'm still waiting for the gears for the 70-180mm.

I was a little bit disappointed with the Little Cuttle picture.....it's just slightly out of focus. The Little Cuttle was only about 15mm long, and moving, so quite tricky to shoot.

The shots were all from Bonne Nuit Bay on our north coast.....can't wait to get back in the water with this viz!!

Just fantastic, inspiring shots. Thank you for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom