Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Surprise, surprise I got to go diving today. We went to a place called Eternity Beach, the beach scene from the movie from "Here to Eternity" was filmed here, which is near Oahu's blow hole. The conditions were a bit rough, had to do a bit of Braille diving on the way out and in. Once we got past the yucky stuff we were lucky to find some cool stuff. Notice that the poor turtle has a hook in it's mouth... :frown:. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
Aloha,
Lisa

BTW - I am once again owner of a C5050! Woohoo!

Some good pics justleesa. Glad you got to get out today. We scrapped today's dive with the kayaks due to the surf. It's supposed to get worse tomorrow. You reportedly will get 40 to 50 footers on the North Shore. MONSTER WAVES

Too bad about the turtle with the hook. I have seen it here also. There was one on the sunken Army vehicle I dive on. I went back the next day with bolt cutters figuring I had one shot at cutting the loop off the end before the turtle fled then the hook would work its way out but the turtle was gone.

Lisa, I know exactly the spot you dove today. I was there back in 02...remember that place very well....I commend you on making it through that surf..very nice.

Jason

Gilligan:
Some good pics justleesa. Glad you got to get out today. We scrapped today's dive with the kayaks due to the surf. It's supposed to get worse tomorrow. You reportedly will get 40 to 50 footers on the North Shore. MONSTER WAVES

Too bad about the turtle with the hook. I have seen it here also. There was one on the sunken Army vehicle I dive on. I went back the next day with bolt cutters figuring I had one shot at cutting the loop off the end before the turtle fled then the hook would work its way out but the turtle was gone.

50! Makes me happy that we have Class and Pool tomorrow.

With the hooks it's a sad thing. Roger tried to help an eagle ray once, it was trailing about 10' of line. As soon as he touched the line the ray shot off. What can you do???

I hope that you get back in the water soon.
Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom