Today I dug up a rock.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hanging out at a friends house, and he has a rock sticking out of the ground in his back yard...well, we decided to dig it up...I mean, how big could it be?....3 hours later we gave up for the day...and found a second rock. The original is granite, so when I tried to break it up with the sledge hammer, it just bounced back up about 4' in the air...not used to that. I think, when we do finally get it out of the ground(which we'll probably need a truck or something for) he could take it somewhere and get a small counter top made out of it... I mean, this thing was less rock and more ice berg... we haven't told his wife(who is currently out to sea) that we dug up the yard yet...maybe we'll go ahead and put in the pool... lol

Na, not yet, today was just digging it out, It's still in the ground so I am going to take some photos tomorrow, I'll post them for ya'll to enjoy.

There's actually a chance you'll NEVER dig it up it up. It could be part of the bedrock, LOL! More likely, though, it's a big boulder washed down in a volcanic eruption long ago. You may need more than a truck to get it out... maybe the front yard is a better site for the pool!

Maybe we'll get to see a rock explode by the time this is over.

I'm heading out to finish it off....we discussed the use of explosives, but all he has is M-100...I don't think it'll do the trick. we might end up renting a jackhammer or something to break it up.... oh! and it rained all night last night....so this will be fun...

No offense.. but your hole there, doesnt look like 3 hours of continuous digging..

Was it like.. dig for a minute.. have a beer.... chat.. dig for another minute... have another beer.. chat for a while sort of 3 hours?

=)

2 and 4 year old with us...more like, dig for a few minutes...break up a fight....dig...tell them to stay back...dig...tell them to stay back, chase 'em with worms since they won't listen.... but no, it wasn't 3hrs of straight digging...

oh, and that was me in the pic today, I'm 6'4"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom