Today at Jody's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This little guy was less than an inch. Flash crapped out, so the color is bad, but you get the idea. Found by DM Kim of Ed Robinson's. Had a great trip with them. Going again Wednesday.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 83
Nice little frogfish. I spent a week diving in Kona last year around this time, searching for a frogfish. Last dive of the trip one of the DMs finds a little guy just like yours, about 3cm long, made my week.

Attachments

• little frog.jpg
    little frog.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 61
Gabe found one just like that aswell out here at Pipe the other day. We came down the mooring line, in the water like 10 mins and he points out this small yellow frogfish.

Nice re-touch. From that, it looks like I maybe had a partial or mis-aimed flash instead of no flash. Thanks.

BTW, on wednesday, we dove with Ed himself. Went to Golden Arches and Pinnacle Point. Two awesome dives. Turtles, a dragon wrasse (that was new for me,) scorpion fish, several octopi, couple of nudis, and I guess one squid that I missed but some others saw. Two of my favorite dives ever.

Mike

P.S. That's funny, this is my 62nd post, and it's regarding my 62nd dive. Now, if I can just post once every dive, I don't need a log book anymore ;-)

I didn't know there were different names for each site. Jody's was fairly close to the boat ramp, maybe somewhere near the 85's. Golden Arches was WAY down south, off a barren, jaged lava field. Pinnacle Point was just a little north of that. With ER, we also dove Apartments and the back wall. Not sure if that helps you, but it's all I know.

Mike

Maybe the Golden Arches are the deeper Pinnacles and the "Pinnacle Point" is the 85 foot pinnacles... No idea for the apartments but at least he left the backwall name the same!

Thanks,

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom