Tobago Dive Operators - Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachica

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've settled on Tobago for a week-long dive trip in a few weeks and will likely be in Speyside at BWI. Even after reading the great posts about Tobago, I'm not sure which dive op to pick. CaribStu is booked, and am not sure how to get in touch with Redman (I do prefer having spots reserved with a dive op in advance but it's not required). Aquamarine seems to have just ok reviews and a limited # of dives and dive spots. We're advanced divers that like challenge/interesting dives so I'm concerned that we'll miss out on Tobago's best diving if we settle on Aquamarine. There's Tobago Dive Experience but I can't get a sense of how it compares to Aquamarine. Are there better choices for experienced divers?

Thanks!

Hi there,
We just got back from diving in Tobago first week of July. We had reservations at Blue Waters Inn and with Aquamarine but when we got there, our hotel had a power outage and so we stayed a few nights at Manta Lodge which is very close, they were very nice and had a pool which we enjoyed after diving, we still did our diving with Aquamarine, they would come and get us and it was only a few minute car ride. We did notice that Blue Waters Hotel had a dive opt there too and it seems very good. Our experience at Blue Waters Inn was nice, the a/c in the rooms did not work that well, but its the islands so ....anyway - the diving was great but challenging. There is a lot of current so be ready for that! Make sure you really listen to the pre dive briefing so you don't get surprised with a turn you must do to avoid having the current take you the wrong way. It was fun but its good to be prepared in advance about the current. I would say we went on all the best dives with Aquamarine so you won't be missing out on dive sites. The visibility was great! They usually do two dives but can do three if there are at least 3 -4 people who want another dive in the afternoon. I hope this helps you....Happy Diving!!

Hello,
I am heading to Tobago next month with a group from WPB, we are staying at the Manta Lodge, got any advise...thanks for your time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom