To zip or not to zip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What's the best way to store drysuits, zipped, unzipped, or mostly zipped, but not all the way. Best in terms of zipper life? Does it make a difference whether front or back?

The Bare owners manual said to store it unzipped.... but then it should be out diving not being stored :)

This probably depends on the individual drysuit. So it would be better to ask the individual manufacturer.

At O'Three I believe I was told to keep it closed and hung up on a sturdy hanger.
I think Robin from O'Three said something like the zips themselves are shipped to O'Three open, and maybe the advice is to keep them open, but that's just the zips. When on the actual drysuit, O'Three recommended zipped up, on the hanger, just like all the suits in their shop.

Eee gads I was only there recently, If I have this all wrong I will look like a right fool!

Nic

My OM from my DUI said "unzipped" with the guard zipper (there is a zippered panel over the DS zipper) "zipped" to take any load off of it if on a hanger, though they recommend it rolled in its travel bag once dry....

Unzipped with no "sharp" bends on the zip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom