To anyone who is making their own Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squee!

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, if you are making or have made your own spring straps and have extra materials (i.e. springs, cave line, whatever) that you aren't going to use, let me know and I'll be willing to buy them off of you, and of course I will pay shipping. Thanks!

-eric

squee!:
Hi, if you are making or have made your own spring straps and have extra materials (i.e. springs, cave line, whatever) that you aren't going to use, let me know and I'll be willing to buy them off of you, and of course I will pay shipping. Thanks!

-eric
Why don't you just buy them from http://www.mcmaster.com

Ok well my situation may be a little unique, but it basically boils down to shipping costs. I am a big DIYer and I wanted to have a go at making them myself. Thought it would be fun, and I get to learn some stuff in the process. I have looked over the Mcmaster website and I don't think they offer USPS as an option (UPS yes, fedex yes, but not USPS) and being in Puerto rico means that if it goes through those two companies I am going to likely pay more than the materials I order in shipping costs. I can have them shipped to a friend in the states who would then forward them to me via USPS, but I figure if someone already has extra peices, then I can just buy direct and not only help someone get rid of excess clutter, but that I can save myself the shipping headache as well. For those of you outside the US (canada not included, i.e. had to have the flown in or dropped off by boat) what kind of shipping did you use?

Ok well the CSR for the MCMaster parts place wasn't too keen on the idea of shipping via USPS, but the New York branch checked with his manager and said it would be fine to ship via USPS to Puerto Rico, so it looks like I'm taken care of! Thanks for those who Pm'd me anyway! I appreciate the helpfulness of this forum :)

squee!:
For those of you outside the US (canada not included, i.e. had to have the flown in or dropped off by boat) what kind of shipping did you use?
I know what you mean. I had a single CD shipped to me from PADI. CD cost US$20. They quoted US$5 for shipping USPS. They then shipped DHL for a shipping cost of nearly US$30. I raised a little hell with my regional rep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom