To All divers in the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just thought you should be aware of the further developments on this case
heres an Article which you should find interesting. It makes my blood boil that they can be so stupid. Portland is an important place for diving & diving is important to Portland but if this goes through diving a portland could soon become a thing of the past.

It really hacks me off that the powers that be think we're stupid. Banning a popular dive site because "it's unsafe" with no warning & no evidence that "it's unsafe" & then less than a month later putting proposals to put turbines on most of the wreck sites including the Hood.

Sorry rant over but I'm officialy hacked off now. :angry:

Stig,

From another board - I have hightlighted something calculated to send your body temperature up!

"Dear All,
Firstly I would like to thank those of you who have expressed a genuine interest in the Hood Ban and expressed your views in support of its withdrawal pending a full public examination of the facts.

This has helped greatly and the petitions have exceeded 1,000 -- enough to demand attention and call for an end to ignorance.

On February 17, a representative of Portland Harbour Authority will be meeting with the dive boat association representative, MP Jim Knight and other boat operators -- (unfortunately for the time being there are no diving representatives invited unless they are involved in boating specifically). There is talk that the PHA might be willing to retract its decision for the time being, pending a full survey and assessment.

Both MP Jim Knight, BSAC, SAA, PADI, the Department of Transport are on this issue. I will personally be working on the environmental aspect of it and approaching environmental bodies and agencies now.

Please keep up your support. Tomorrow evening an update will be made on http://www.divedorset.com/hood with the most recent developments and some new contact addresses.

Statements to be prepared by a majority of the businesses here will also appear on the pages as of next Tuesday (we are dealing with so much on this issue and it has so many fronts, if PHA had a clue, they'd pull off the ban now without further embarrassment).

If You have *not* yet signed the DIVERNET petition on the Hood, this is "the time" to do so. Thanks / Izzy "

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom