TM30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
So, how are the dive boat operators dealing with the recent enhanced enforcement of the TM30 Immigration reporting requirements. How do they deal with a trip that covers multiple provinces?

Or, are they just ignoring it for now?

I presume you are referring to liveaboards, since for daytrips it is the hotel's responsibility. For all trips here the full namelist has to be handed to the government in advance, including passport numbers. I think that is sufficient. On top of that, TM30 requirements have just been changed, so I don't see any issues.

The TM30 requires a lot more information than just a name and passport number. It requires all the information on the TM6, visa number, etc.

The problem arises because Immigration is now looking for gaps in reporting. If they find a gap they fine the individual rather than the hotel that failed to report.

Say you fly to Phuket and spend a night in a hotel. That hotel files a TM30. Then you spend five days on a dive boat which doesn't submit a TM30 to Immigration. Then you spend another night in a Phuket hotel which does file the TM30. The result is a five day reporting gap for which you can be fined.

I don't think Immigration is ready to vigorously enforce this, but they could.

My wife (an attorney) recently went to Immigration to file a late TM30 for my most recent entry into the Kingdom. The Immigration officer was able to view every report made for me since I first entered Thailand on a retirement visa in 2005. He told her he wasn't going to deal with any but the most recent entry.

This only became an issue in March of this year when Immigration started vigorous enforcement of the reporting requirements (TM28 and TM30). Some Immigration offices (like Korat) have started snagging people for failure to report when they attempt to extend their stay.

"Say you fly to Phuket and spend a night in a hotel. That hotel files a TM30. Then you spend five days on a dive boat which doesn't submit a TM30 to Immigration. Then you spend another night in a Phuket hotel which does file the TM30. The result is a five day reporting gap for which you can be fined."
No, you can not be fined for that. The landlord would be fined, and with the landlord invisible no-one would be fined.

In general TM30 is not a problem anyway until one needs immigration. e.g. for an extension.

No, you can not be fined for that. The landlord would be fined, and with the landlord invisible no-one would be fined.

Unfortunately, that's not the way it's happening. When a landlord fails to file the TM30, it's the farang who is being fined and told to file a late TM30 on behalf of the landlord. I know that this is not in accordance with the law, but that's the way it's being done. If you want your extension of stay approved you have no choice but to pay up.

How do we ensure that are landlord files tm30?

Unfortunately, that's not the way it's happening. When a landlord fails to file the TM30, it's the farang who is being fined and told to file a late TM30 on behalf of the landlord. I know that this is not in accordance with the law, but that's the way it's being done. If you want your extension of stay approved you have no choice but to pay up.
Yes, but that is not applicable here. You could also have been staying at the same hotel, there is no 'he is not staying here TM30'. Only issue is if staying privately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom