TLS350 Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of all, DUI has standardized pricing, so there shouldn't be a difference between the prices you get it from anywhere.

Someone mentioned having only velcro pockets- if you carry any items that are buoyant they won't stay in a velcro pocket, that is why I went with one of each.

I currently have the new zippers, but used to dive with the old zippers, I recomend getting the old style ones. I have found the new ones to be impossible for self-doning becasue the zipper starts in the middle of your back.

I have the Apex valve and have had no problems with it. There are 2 choices here too, I'd go with the low-profile. I have not had problems with leakage, and I typically dive with a slight squeeze, which is supposed to make them more susceptable to leaking.

No comment on the peevalve as that is still not a viable options for females.

Polly

large_diver:
There is what DUI says....and then there is reality.....;-)

Exactly. There is MSR and then there is what an LDS will charge to get/keep customers. A good shop will take a little less of a mark-up to gain loyal clientele.

kent_1848:
And no, before you ask, I can't make it to a DOG days this year :)
You can't make it to Beaver Lake this weekend? Straight down 71 from your neighborhood....

large_diver:
There is what DUI says....and then there is reality.....;-)
If someone wants to clue me in (PM is fine) I'd appreciate it. These things are expensive! :11:

Me too!!!:wink:

StSomewhere:
If someone wants to clue me in (PM is fine) I'd appreciate it. These things are expensive! :11:

StSomewhere:

I'll tell you what I know--though I'm certainly no expert: I'm shopping for my first drysuit now. DUI allows its dealers to discount, apparently up to 20%, without retaliating against them. Almost every dealer will give 10% with a little work. Some, like DiveUS, will give 20%. Some may give more by throwing in a drysuit class or if you're buying other things in a package giving a low enough price on the package to effectively discount the suit further. If your local dealer won't work with you, try one of Dan's mentioned above or diveus.com.

reubencahn:
I'll tell you what I know--though I'm certainly no expert: I'm shopping for my first drysuit now. DUI allows its dealers to discount, apparently up to 20%, without retaliating against them. Almost every dealer will give 10% with a little work. Some, like DiveUS, will give 20%. Some may give more by throwing in a drysuit class or if you're buying other things in a package giving a low enough price on the package to effectively discount the suit further. If your local dealer won't work with you, try one of Dan's mentioned above or diveus.com.

I agree about 10% is pretty easy to come by.
I wouldn't buy any drysuit from a shop that doens't offer either a dry suit class, or at least a pool session with an instructor to go over how to use the suit. That is one of the things that is so great about the DUI demo days since they do this before you even fork out the money to buy the suit.
If you are trying to get the best price possible on a DUI suit check out DUI's web site for their factory closeouts: http://www.dui-online.com/fr.htm
These are going to be at less than the 20% off that you can get occassionally. Be sure to check out the condition of the suit listed on the sheet. Some are simply custom suits that were made in the wrong color, or with the wrong accessories etc., others are ones that were used for the demo days- still a good deal, but be sure you know what you are getting.

Polly

scubapolly:
..If you are trying to get the best price possible on a DUI suit check out DUI's web site for their factory closeouts: http://www.dui-online.com/fr.htm
These are going to be at less than the 20% off that you can get occassionally. ...
Polly

We've bought two off of the closeouts and our LDS gave us a discount of that price. We are happy with both suits...they were for our kids and were in new condition.

We also had one custom made 'signature' and that one fits perfect.

I would like to order one for myself as I have an older Flex5050. It is a nice suit but really heavy when wet. We've missed dive opportunities because my suit would be to heavy to fly with even after 24 hours.

DrDuktayp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom