Titanium HOG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigd2722

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I see where HOG has a BP first stage and Edge has a titanium regulator. Any chance of a HOG titanium BP first?

I see where HOG has a BP first stage and Edge has a titanium regulator. Any chance of a HOG titanium BP first?
I doubt it. Edge = more recreational focus HOG = more tech focus although there is some carry over between the hog line. From what I understand Titanium does not do well with your more oxygen rich mixes
This is why HOG is Din which is the tech stage of choice

As Herbalaska stated, HOG products are designed and marketed primarily for the needs of the technical dive community, although we welcome recreational users, to that end a Titanium regulator or regulators of a yoke style configuration just don't make sense in the HOG lineup. As to why titanium regulators are made, as a service technician with over 20 years experience I can tell you categorically that some equipment owners really need them as they seem unable to care for their gear properly and titanium's superior corrosion resistance would be a great benefit to them. Plus, at the price this regulator is offered at, why not?

Any specs on the reg Jack? I'm specifically thinking weight, as it could be a good travel reg.
Is it available as just a first stage? The only place i've seen it for sale had it bundled with a 2nd stage.

Right now it is only available as a 1st/2nd stage combination. My unit went diving without me this weekend (lent it to some people to try) but I will get a total weight tomorrow and reply as well as put it on the website. Internally it is very similar to the Atomic design utilizing a bushing captured hp o-ring design.

Weight on the Titanium Extreme is 1.8lbs for the 1st and 2nd stage together
Weight on the Epic 2012 is 2.55lbs
Weight on the EXP is 2.1lbs
In contrast the HOG D1 Cold 1st stage by itself weighs 1.8lbs
The BP2 with Classic 2nd without a hose is 2.0lbs and
HOG D1 Cold w/Classic 2nd Stage is 2.5lbs without hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom