Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When was the last time you heard of a bunch of billionaires trapped in a lost sub operated by a game-boy controller, possibly spending their last few moments gazing at the bow of the Titanic, with air supply rapidly dwindling?

Box office suspense sci-fi thrillers don't hold a candle to this one.
A wise man once said "Don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things."

To me the situation pretty succinctly illustrates the point.

I guess I count them more as Darwin Award winners than tragic figures.

Here endeth the lesson.

Because lives are at stake and we want to see how it ends.

At this point I’m really hoping for a miracle to happen.
A lot more lives are lost at sea doing far more important things than a quarter-million dollar bragging rights contest - with a ton less note or concern or sympathy.

Example:

have any so called "lost subs" ever been located intact and not sunk with all hands? once it was announced, I just figured it was going to be a recovery like the kursk/nanggala/san juan

Does anyone know how many successful voyages this thing had made previously?

A wise man once said "Don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things."

To me the situation pretty succinctly illustrates the point.

I guess I count them more as Darwin Award winners than tragic figures. Here endeth the lesson.
Easy to sit behind the computer and call dead people stupid or darwin award winners that have been doing stuff. If you ever did stuff you knew, some of it could probably be called stupid.

I've done stupid stuff and didn't die... and that's probably true for most people that leave the house and do stuff sometimes.

A lot more lives are lost at sea doing far more important things than a quarter-million dollar bragging rights contest - with a ton less note or concern or sympathy.

Yes, of course that‘s true. I, and I’m sure for many others as well, am always drawn into people reportedly missing in any circumstance, especially when it continues on for days and there are multiple people involved. I want to see the conclusion. The boys in the Thailand cave are one example.

Example:
Just great!
A callous disregard for current dire situation; off-topic! Now @johndiver999 is going to block you!

Back
Top Bottom