Titanic tourist sub goes missing sparking search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Developing situation, prayers it’s just a comms issue.

“OceanGate started taking small crews of “citizen scientists” in a five-person mini sub two years ago at a cost of $125,000 per person. The price of a trip is now understood to stand at $250,000.
According to the company’s website, Oceangate had a planned eight-day, seven-night expedition to the wreck planned for 12-20 June. A maximum of six visitors were scheduled to depart and return to St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada.”

The BBC article said they have 4 days of breathable air (some combination of scrubbers and actual bottled gas I’d assume), however I’m always leery of mass new outlet coverage of technical topics.

I have 2 friends on that trip…

Renata shows as being online on FB, but maybe it’s just her computer logged in?

Edit. Renata and John are OK.

Renata shows as being online on FB, but maybe it’s just her computer logged in?

Edit. Renata and John are OK.

Renata gave an incredible presentation at Beneath the Sea about her prior trip on this expedition!

I am hoping that they are working a problem since they have time, before performing an emergency ballast-drop ascent.

I am so glad she is safe, but my heart goes out to all those waiting in anguish on the surface!

As in, presently on the sub and ok?
As in, presently on the ship and OK.

I was responding to Danseur.

His 2 friends are not missing in a sub.

Back
Top Bottom