Titan Reg makes flutter noise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDCB

Reaction score
Titan Reg makes flutter noise when breathing. Does this indicate a problem? It's my rental unit for OW dive class.

Carl

Thanks good to know. One less think to focus on.

Carl

Wow! I should proof read my posts...

I just rented th same thing while i was getting my equipment serviced, and i had the same problem. the problem comes from bad equipment service, and/or noone taking care of the equipment. to get rid of the flutter, just breath it really fast and hard before diving...it should get the reg back in tune.

My Conshelf SE2 did that when I tried it today, and I was a little worried about it.
But then I figured that the worst thing that could happen was that it would malfunction underwater and I would drown and then I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

But as long as it's not something major, well, then, that's one less worry for me.

Thanks!
McGill

EDIT: Uh-oh. I tried the breathing-really-fast-and-hard thing, and it didn't work. Now I'm starting to worry again, because even if it isn't dangerous, it is becoming extremely annoying. The reg makes a loud buzzing noise and vibrates when I breathe in. What should I do? Should I give my LDS a call? I have never used this reg since I bought it.

It sounds like your second stage is not tuned properly. I'm a service tech and one of my many, and my first regulator, was an Aqualung Titan LX Supreme. Anyway if the second stage isn't tuned properly ( meaning it's not allowing enough air flow ) you will get that vibrating sound off of the diaphram. Take it to your LDS and they should be able to fix it in a couple of minutes. :thumb:

Used it last weekend at Monterey. Noise is gone. Don't know why. Glad it's gone.

Carl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom