Titan LX - 1st Stage Swap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krazyklaws

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Titan LX reg with a Calypso octo. I've been using it for a few years now and I've very pleased with it - excellent value for money.

I've just switched to an air integrated computer, and I'd like a second HP port for a backup SPG.

I can't see a Titan 1st stage with 2 HP ports, so am I going to have to go get a a new 1st and 2nd stage? If so - which one can I use with my current octo?

Thanks in advance,

Karen.

Yes, a second first stage ( a Titan, for example), but why not buying a Legend ( 2 HP ports ) ?

I am surprized the Titan does not have 2 hp ports but in any case, there is no reason that you can not use your Calypso octo (or the Titan second for that matter) with most any other reg brand or type. There are a rare few exceptions, Poesidens for one.

You will be glad to learn that as of last month, a second HP port has been added to the Titan LX, Titan and Mikron regulators.

Tom Phillipp
Product Mgr.
Aqua Lung

You will be glad to learn that as of last month, a second HP port has been added to the Titan LX, Titan and Mikron regulators.

Tom Phillipp
Product Mgr.
Aqua Lung

Why would I (or any of us, for that matter) who already have the older reg with 1 HP port be glad that the new improved one had 2 HP ports? It seems to me that AL would be the "glad one" to sell us a new one, but we'd be bummed out that we just didn't wait a little longer.
Sorry, but I couldn't resist. :wink:

i just bought my titan LX last week :(

i just bought my titan LX last week :(

I hope you haven't got it wet yet. Take it back and tell them that

Tom Phillipp
Product Mgr.
Aqua Lung

will be "glad" to get you the brand new one with 2 HP ports!!!

I am serious!

I am also sorry and disapointed that your shop did not tell you that this new model was coming out. I think that you should have a serious talk with them.

I hope you haven't got it wet yet. Take it back and tell them that

Tom Phillipp
Product Mgr.
Aqua Lung

will be "glad" to get you the brand new one with 2 HP ports!!!

I am serious!

I am also sorry and disapointed that your shop did not tell you that this new model was coming out. I think that you should have a serious talk with them.

yes :(....i did sell my mk11/s555 today so i guess i'll just buy the new one when they get it in....or just save for a legend :wink:

Back
Top Bottom