Titan First & Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Wanderer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a Titan reg for use as a backup and for shallow/sandy/beach diving, to save wear and tear on my best reg & computer. It was a spur of the moment thing as my LDS was practically giving them away.

My question is: the first stage is identical in both the Titan and the superior rated and higher priced Titan LX. The only difference between the two are in the second stage. Can a good tech easily add parts and/or modify my Titan first stage to breathe as well as the Titan LX?

Any Aqualung techs out there?

James

Sorry, it would take a very talented tech to make that conversion. The Titan is in the same class as the Cousteau and Calypso, meaning that it's a classic downstream valve and it uses the same overhaul kit. The Titan LX is of the same design as the Legend and is a balanced unit. The valve mechanism in the downstream valve is primarily on on the hose side of the second stage, while the balanced valve has a barrel that extends all of the way across the second stage. There are plenty of reasons why it wouldn't work without a fair amount of cutting, gluing, and luck.

Many people would say that the adjustable second stage is more of a liability than an advantage, this is certainly the case when servicing them. I got the standard Titan for that reason: the simplicity of the second stage and the time tested geometry and components of the first stage.

If its not broke..... dont fix it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom