TIR Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redgym,
Thanks for the great report! My wife and I leave on the 5th of Sept for a week at TIR. Is it possible to stay at the airport a little longer than get dropped at the dock? Is there someone from the resort to watch the luggage/dive gear while you waited for the other arrivals?

OK now I see the question was answered...I will take your recommendation and take a cab to old towne for a few hours....Thanks, Mark

Last edited:
Carbomb, you don't want to hang out at the airport it's not that interesting. Old Belize is nice but you need at least 3 hours since it's about 20 mins from the Princess Dock. They got a museum, "beach', zipline, and restaurant. It's about $10BZD to access the beach but no charge to enter the restaurant. The Riverside Tavern is in town and also good for dining and drinking. They got a sports bar with AC and an open deck on the river side. Jambel's Jerkpit serve Jamaican & Belizean food. They have an open deck but no shade. Not all that good for hanging out but great to kill a couple hours. They are within walking distance from the Princess. If you want to take a couple beers or sodas for the boat ride ask the cabbie to stop you by one of the local Chinese shops to grab them instead of paying an arm and a leg at the Calypso (on the Princess dock). Have a great trip.

HP, Thanks for the great info...I think a couple beers, Jerk chicken and A/C would be perfect after the flight.....Regards, Carbomb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom