Tips for strobe use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaguy655:
The one big lesson I learned is to use the clear photo system-cover camera internal flash with the dark piece of film that I got with the flash......this helps on backscatter tremendously IMO.

Good luck!

I wondered what that piece of dark plastic was for!

Instead of using the plastic over the flash on the camera, I cut a piece of thin black plastic in the shape of the diffuser and use velcro and the mount to hold it in place. I have found that in some supermacro and macro shots I want both the internal flash and the strobe. By having it on the outside, I can remove and replace it underwater giving me more flexability in choosing which strobes I want to use.

Justleesa, I have a quick question for you. In your post you said...

"Then when I'm taking the picture I set the other dial on the stobe to the same shutter speed that the camera has."

Did you mean aperture? I can't see a dial on the strobe for shutter speed, but the dial on the R (as you look at it) do those numbers correspond with aperture?

So as mentioned, if I start with F5.6 and 1/100. Set that dial to 5.6 and see how it goes? What do I do if the photo doesn't work? Too dark/light etc. Do I alter the dial with the M numbers or the one of the Right?

Thanks heaps for help with basic questions!

Mel :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom