Tips for shooting with stacked Inon UCL-165?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mofongo_max

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently picked up a couple of Inon UCL-165 wet lenses to use with my Panasonic LX3 and dual strobes.

I've read the best way to use stacked 165s is to set to the camera to the smallest aperture (F8.0), manual focus, zoom in half way to all the way in and rock the camera until the subject comes into focus. Gave this a go for the first time today and achieved some decent results (nothing worthy of posting) and it seems like it'll just take a lot of practice. Is this generally how everyone shoots with these?

Anyone have examples of shots they've taken with stacked 165s they'd like to share? I'm not ashamed to admit some of Edvin's work was partly what inspired me to pick them up.

Man, that is one impressive collection of nudi shots in his Komodo set. I'm going to Indonesia, with a week on a Komodo liveaboard(!) in one week. That just got me psyched. :)

Have a wonderful trip to Komodo & Happy shooting! :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom