Tips for Servicing Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollywood13

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have decided it is time to learn how to service my own equipment, more specifically my regs and BC. Does anyone have some tips to getting started and learning how to do this correctly. I am thinking about taking some sort of class on servicing regs. I consider myself pretty mechanically inclined but since my regs are keeping me alive, I figure I should make sure I know what I am doing :wink:. Any help or advice would be Very appreciated.

Hey thanks. I was almost certain I wasn't the first to have that question, but couldn't seem to find that thread.

Oh man, I feel dumb. I didnt realize it was only showing posts from the last month. I just changed the filter and found all the answers I was looking for. SORRY!!!

I like to use a cookie tray, lay clean paper towels over the tray and disassemble the regulator, lay it all out after it's been cleaned. Lay out the new parts kit on another tray and reassemble. They trays keep things from rollling around and they help keep track of the old vs new parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom