tips for DM stamina tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glitch:
DM-level you would kind of bond with your instructor and they should actually motivate you and see how you progress doing everything in order for you to get the course done but he rather breaks me down by more or less not talking to me and letting me be the pushy one trying arrange everything on my own.
I'm seriously thinking about quitting and going somewhere else if things don't change in the very near future.
/C

As a DM, I always got together with DMIT's and went over some of the rules, how-to's, and other vagarities of our instructor prior to their class. Your instructor could be a doofus, could not like you, could be bored, or could be seeing how you react to different situations. And, believe me, once you are a DM, you will have situations. Patience is a virtue.

MD

James Goddard:
See how much easier it is to provide positive answers to the question? And you even got to get a couple more snipes in at the same time :D.

James

Yep. I supplied all the ideas and you typed them up. Just like my secretary. Do you do coffee?

You ever hear the story about snipe hunting James?

lhpdiver:
I did mine in a 30 ft pool. My snorkel swim had 80 turns ! That had to add minutes to my time. I also used my scubapro twin-jets, and didn't feel I got much power on the surface. I swam all out the whole way. The treading water was the easiest.

I can't believe it ! I was in the pool tonight for my IDC. The instructor is the same guy who I did my DM with. At one point he says to me, "How many feet did we say this pool was? 30 ? We measured it today ... it's 45 feet" Guess that means I only have to do 54 turns this time around !!

Here is my offering upon this subject.

1. Do the swims in a lake with at least a 100 yd. course. The turns are truly a time killer.
2. Do the "Inert Diver Tow" in the 'push' position with the victim's feet on your shoulders. One length--no turns.
3. Be sure to keep their fins out of the water in order to decrease drag.
4. Wear "power" fins (Scubapro Jets or similar) for the Inert Diver Tow.
5. Wear "speed" fins (Apollo Bio-pro or similar) for the 800 yard snorkel swim.
6. Save your weakest evolution for last. You will probably have enough points at the end of 3 events. If so, you would only need to "finish" your last swim for completion.
7. Make sure you get 5 on the "tread water".

James Goddard:
No, Lyle. I don't do coffee. :)

:) A rec.scuba native! Okay, I have to give points to anyone who survived rs.

MechDiver:

At the time of MJB's death, I held the record for most posts.

MechDiver:
Actually, the reason I no longer do the rec.scuba thing has nothing to do with the attitudes and everything to do with the signal to noise ratio. I think there's a server somewhere who's config is messed up and it sends all the rec.firearms posts to rec.scuba :wink:.

James

dweeb:
At the time of MJB's death, I held the record for most posts.
Refresh my memory. Was he ever found?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom