Question Tipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rental costs if we rent tanks including ean32 is normally 13 dollar per tank per day. So then you can say 50 dollar for tanks, 20 for entrance fee, but the rest?

I think EAN32 is generally overkill as most cenotes are shallow. The only cenote I've exceeded 45' - and I've been in 7 or 8 different ones - was Pit. And it was too deep for EAN32 at 132'.

If the guide is independent he probably owns the tanks, and if he works for a shop the shop surely does, so the tank "rental" is just internal cost accounting but still revenue.

I think EAN32 is generally overkill as most cenotes are shallow. The only cenote I've exceeded 45' - and I've been in 7 or 8 different ones - was Pit. And it was too deep for EAN32 at 132'.

If the guide is independent he probably owns the tanks, and if he works for a shop the shop surely does, so the tank "rental" is just internal cost accounting but still revenue.
As a cavediver we always rent tanks with ean32, that is really usefull then. My dives sometimes are that long that I will have deco. For sure there will be deco when a cave goes to 25m, but even if it is just 15m, with 3 hours bottomtime you will get some deco. We have done in 2018 the bottom of Angelita on trimix, but Angelita was a been there done that divesite. Most cenotes don't go deep, but even then ean is preferrable.

I compare diving independent with diving with a guide. Normally we don't use a guide as that is not needed as you are a full cave diver. So tankrental is what we have when diving independent. We also have to pay entrance fees to cenotes then. In Playa del Carmen not all divecenters have their own tanks and compressors. Tanks are brought by a van and picked up when they are empty to replace them with full tanks.

I was talking about those who dive with a guide and what guides might make. A guided dive is never going to hit deco.

I was talking about those who dive with a guide and what guides might make. A guided dive is never going to hit deco.
And this is what limits you as diver, especially when you are full cave and trimix trained. This makes diving without guides always better. I think you look from recreational sportsdiving view, I look from technical diver view. That is a big difference. Technical divers don't need to be taken by hand.
But in this case the price for sportsdiving was that high that a tip was not needed anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom