tinted lens,,who uses them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used them on my film cameras,don't know about digital.....the red filter takes out some of the blue and pops the other colors...

laserdoc:
who uses a colored lens on there camera's??And why.Does it make any differance?
I use it for my video camera. I use the Ikelite
video_filter.jpg
color correcting filter.

For my videos, it works incredibly!

If pink is so good for the camera lens,,,would you use the seaview mask with the pinkish lenses also??. Trying to decide or a new mask and I'm leaning towards the one with the color correcting lens. Or maybe the new atomic that has the ultra clear lens

laserdoc:
If pink is so good for the camera lens,,,would you use the seaview mask with the pinkish lenses also??. Trying to decide or a new mask and I'm leaning towards the one with the color correcting lens. Or maybe the new atomic that has the ultra clear lens
I just replied over there in that thread. :wink:

laserdoc:
who uses a colored lens on there camera's??And why.Does it make any differance?

On a video camera I would say yes.

On a still digital camera I don't think it is necessary. I did a little unscientific experiment with a filter. The results are here.

If you have a RAW mode on your camera then you certainly don't need a filter.

Photos can be adjusted in a software program. Wearing a red lens mask is different since you are looking at things in real time and can't adjust it after the dive.

Gilligan:

On a still digital camera I don't think it is necessary. I did a little unscientific experiment with a filter. The results are here.

Photos can be adjusted in a software program. Wearing a red lens mask is different since you are looking at things in real time and can't adjust it after the dive.
Agreed.

Gilligan:

howarde:

Ditto! From our PM's you already know my opinion so the SeaVision masks. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom