Timers and Guages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTodd:
Cany anyone that has seen one of these in person comment on the size of the display?

It’s bigger than watch size—closer to the Vytec in diameter although the screen is smaller. Numbers are about the same size but Vytec display is clearer/easier to read, IMHO.

Cold_Under_Here:
Which of the three would the experienced DIR diver recommend:

-Uwatec Digital Depth Timer
-OMS Bottom Timer
-Suunto Vyper Air/Nitrox/Gauge

Include price in recommendation.
I have been certified for several months and am thinking about buying some equipment, and the DIR mentality and gear configuration makes soooo much sense...why don't more dive DIR???...anyways, I am planning to be doing 30-100ft wreck dives in the near future.

cheers! :wink:
or get a Suunto D3.

A nice guage with downloading features...stop watch, and at a good price.

I'd go along with JeffG on this one. I have the Uwatec bottom timer/depth gauge combo. It is great, but it does not have some features that I like in the D3:

I like being able to re-set a timer everytime I reach a new stop during my ascent. You can do this with the D3 while it also displays the total elapsed run time of the dive.

If you like being able to upload your dive profile to logging software, you can do this with the D3 but you can't with the Uwatec.

You can mark significant events by when they happened on the dive with the D3. Not a big deal. But, it's cool and comes in handy.

There is more, but I really don't use all the features. I actually carry both the Uwatec and the D3 at the same time. The Uwatec is less expensive but makes a great back up device. The D3 is my main gauge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom