Timelapse Movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kind of depends on how fast things are moving. Slower moving things need a longer interval. Also remember it takes a lot of individual pictures for a short timelapse video.

I think I used a 10 second interval for this TL intro.

[vimeo]16810323[/vimeo]

Very, very excellent video! I wish I could edit like that. Only problem was during the fast movement sections i.e. the diver trying to point out the eel.

I have been testing with 1 still per second converting it to 24 fps like this 48 minutes become 2 minutes
At 1 still every half second the gopro starts choking as the memory card can't write quick enough
I will post some examples in due course I wonder if anyone else has already done it

Great video Ron.

It is not for landscape the idea is to take picture of a dive putting the gopro on a tripod. Have done similar things with blue tac keeping the button depressed on a compact
then you accelerate 24x

Here is a boattrip from my area last october. Sorry no scubadiving in this.
Shot with Hero2, intervall 5 sek. 1376 pics total. Camera mounted on small tripod on top of lighting mast.
https://vimeo.com/51312935

I've experimented with a few timelapses... so far I've only used 5mp photos and used Cineform and MovieMaker. My first was at a local beer festival, I had the my H3 strapped to my back pack straps (chest mount) and walked around for 5 hours. I used 1/2sec and the video came out very well but a bit too choppy... next time I'll do 1/1sec.

The sunsets I've done came out very well at 1/5sec. I'll try to post one of them here.

I started out just wanting to check out Interceptor121's post and now have got pulled into another area of shooting dives. Thanks and please show more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom