Time zone help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skittl1321

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Could someone help me with Cozumel's new time zones? Knowing when daylight savings is in the US was already confusing enough (in that, I often don't know...) but now that Cozumel isn't always the same as Central, I'm totally lost.

I'm going to be visiting as a pod person in September (the 22th, I think,- if time changes happen in September and that makes a difference.) We will be leaving out of Galveston.

So if it is 9:00 in Texas- what time is it in Cozumel?

9. They will be central time zone until the U.S. falls back November 1st.

Thank you!

They are now permanently on GMT -5, they do not change.

Spring thru Fall (second Sundayof March through first Sunday on November) this is the same as US Central Daylight Time. On standard time (First Sunday in November thru the second Sunday of March) it is the same as US Eastern Standard Time.

I'm with gopbroek - think of it as GMT-5, not in terms of any US time zone.

Many devices and systems now set "Cancun" time correctly. If you have any doubts, you can use Bogota time since it completely matches Quintana Roo time.

I'm with gopbroek - think of it as GMT-5, not in terms of any US time zone.

Many devices and systems now set "Cancun" time correctly. If you have any doubts, you can use Bogota time since it completely matches Quintana Roo time.
the trick on a cruise though is that the ship (generally) does not change. So to get back in time you need to not change your watch. But I need to know land time to meet the op.

Carnival Magic. In port from 900 AM to 500 PM local. Puerta Maya pier.

Back
Top Bottom