Time to get wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MnLakeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
After having to switch instructors (witch also changed dive shops and agencies) I have completed my classroom work and get to start pool sessions on Saturday! :bounce:

First off welcome to the world of diving from Arizona all beach no ocean..

So you switch instructors and oranizations. Which agency are you now? Why did you switch?

I chose SSI because the instructor was very excited and knowlegable about diving, so excited the he took a leave and went diving. as I did not click well with the other instructor I went and found a new one. I found a 1 man dive shop that taught PADI classes but limited his classes to 3 students per class and has an extensive diving history.

I also met a dive buddie last weekend at a wedding who is a NAUI instructor. We are planning a couple of great lake dives and he has a dry suit for me to try, but I am staying with PADI for my OW cert.

at this rate I be the best instructed newbie in the lake

In simple terms

I always recomend that a person get taught by a knowledgeable friendy instructor that they feel comfortable with. I myself am PADI but my instructor was NAUI, but due to economics switched to PADI and is the best one around here.

Are you getting more excited about diving in good company??

you've amde me dizzy. IN one sentence you were associated with every diving association known to mankind. LOL

Glad you have found someone to work with that you are comfortable.

Good luck.

Watch the dry suit, they say the feet first ascent is like crazy man. :cool:

Butch :peace:

Good luck with your classes MnLakeDiver, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

just to make sure I don't leave any one out my PADI instructor rents pool space at the YMCA.

and yes I am excided to get diving I met the NAUI instructor because he is the husband of my wifes friend and she introduced us so she didn't have to listen to me any more.

As far as being carful with the drysuit we are going to the pool at his dive shop to try it there first.

I am just pleased you've managed to settle with an instructor.

Good luck - not that you'll need it. Enjoy and dont forget to tell us all about it!

Well we went to the pool on Sat. but the pump was broken so we could not use the pool. Because the three of us in the class had already gone diving we held our "pool" sesion in a local lake. Doing all the taskes in 6 - 8 foot viz was a challenge.

Sun. we returned to the lake and tried navagation, as we were diving below the thermocline we wore 7 mil 2 piece wetsuits. (I forgot to add weight to my belt...oops)

At 35 feet my belt came loose in near 0 viz. I was able to catch it and put it back on and only rose 8 feet in the process. But thank goodness both me and my buddy were wearing yellow fins and tanks and carring lights or we never would have been able to track each other.

We actualy compleated the course, found all the markers and surfaced with 1200 psi left(plan called for no less than 700)

And they say it gets better !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom