Time Stamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livinoz

Contributor
Reaction score
The time displayed on SB for me is incorrect. It's saying + 11 GMT but is an hour out. My time setting in my user CP is set at +10 GMT which is adjusted for Eastern Australian Daylight Saving time (that is set to automatically update).

It was correct yesterday and is an hour out today. Can you look at this for me please?

Last edited:
If it was correct yesterday and is an hour out today, it might have something to do with daylight savings ending tonight here in North America.

GMT + 11 is correct ... they just can add correctly :wink:

Don’t know a thing about Australian DST, but I have a similar issue that might shed light on yours. A few years back the US changed the dates to transition to and from DST. One outcome is that right now when I log onto Scubaboard with my old computer, I’m off by an hour. When I log on with my wife’s newer computer, I’m fine. I think tomorrow both will be good since we transition tonight. Perhaps your issue will clear up by itself soon also.

I have the same problem 1hr lag for my LMT; GMT+2 instead of GMT+3

1) ScubaBoard doesn't calculate the DST settings on your computer. It's a function of vBulletin (the forum software we use). Nobody from scubaboard actually wrote the software that the forum is on.

2) DST Calculations are based on your computer's settings, if they are set to automatically adjust, AND if you have that option checked on your "USER OPTIONS" in your USER CP.

For me; in Florida, the time has correctly updated.... At the same time; vBulletin is used worldwide, and is supposed to adjust to the correct time zone settings for all whom have DST. If for some reason your clock does not update you can manually adjust your setting by going to:

Quick Links -> Edit Options. Scroll half way down the page, and adjust your time zone setting.

If there is an actual glitch with vBulletin, then I'm sure they'll release a patch to fix it; which I'll install, and that would be that. There are a few comments on the vBulletin support site, with other forums having problems... I'll keep an eye on it.

My computer time and time zone settings were correct AND I had the DST option checked on my "user options". After being wrong all day the time has corrected itself now daylight saving has ceased in the US. Very strange.

My computer time and time zone settings were correct AND I had the DST option checked on my "user options". After being wrong all day the time has corrected itself now daylight saving has ceased in the US. Very strange.

Mine corrected as well sometime last night. It may have had something to do with the servers not switching to DST until their particular time zone reached it. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom