Tilos Flex Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Apparently, I have the oddest shaped face in the world. I can sniff any number of masks onto my face in a LDS, but as soon as I get wet they start leaking. The only stock in my small town is Tilos. In researching the Tilos Flex, I found Scubadiving.com reports "We found it difficult to keep the lenses on the same focal plane, creating distortions that increased the more the two lenses flexed. " Has any one else had this experience? I don't have easy access to dive gear, but I will be visiting Phoenix in December. Any and all opinions welcome.

I haven't had that problem with my flex. I have prescription lenses in mine, so if anyone would have a problem, it should be me. I keep the mask well equalized at all times. I've also gotten into the habit of tipping a little water into it and swishing it around on the lenses, as they are prone to fog. I didn't have this problem with an aqua lung mask that I used while training, but the lenses on that mask sit farther from my face.

The flex will also leak a little if you have the strap pulled too tight. I think that this is a function of it being a two window framless. The nose stretched a little if the straps are over tightened. If the mask is adjusted properly, it only leaks when I want it to leak.

I should add that I need to shave a little better between my nose and mustache when I use the flex. It isn't very tolerant of stubble.

Last edited:
One more thing. I did a lot of snorkeling with the flex over the summer and it takes a lot of fiddling to keep the snorkle from causing a major leak. When I was in Mexico, the only people I saw with snorkles were Padi students, so that may not make a difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom