Tidepools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcsgt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going over to the coast and want to find the best tidepools for photography. Anywhere along Oregon coast would be do-able.

I just got a new camera and want to at least get it wet (and cool me off, too). No, I don't have a dry suit or I'd be submerged, right now.

Any direction would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

How about the entire coast, from what I've seen of the Oregon coast, it is loaded with rocky outcroppings.

Dean810:
I would start around Lincoln City and work your way down. You are not going to dive a tidepool are you?
Thanks, I like Lincoln City, anyway. Any particular area have better pools? I haven't gone tidepooling in like 15 years and I can't remember where the good ones were.

Naw, probably won't dive any, not even in the big ones. My thickest wetsuit is only 3mm. Even with a skin on under, I'm not that brave. Although if it keeps getting hotter...

I believe the places I hung out the most were Cape Lookout, Seal Rock, Yachats, and Cape Perpetua. Cannon Beach is also good if I remember well. My own suggestion is that you plan a drive and make frequent stops. Get a tide chart, because you will want low tides as much as possible. It's been awhile since I've been back there, so I don't want to steer you wrong, but there are plenty of rocks near the ocean there and lots of opportunities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom