Ti Zippers NOW Available!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have been working with TI Zip for 8 months trying to get them to sell in smaller quantities to us for our customers. We finally broke thru and are now the only source for TI Zippers in small quantity for consumers and dealers.

tizippersmall.jpg

These make great replacements to stiff metal zippers, and are still more than durable for the tough environment you introduce your suit to. These can be found on our site here:
TIZIP Drysuit Zipper - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Interested Dealers please email us for more info and your pricing at mike@diverightinscuba.com

This looks great! I have a compressed neo DS waiting for a new zipper. Does this make the install easier than a standard? Your site mentions the tape, it seems there are a few options for install, yes?

It can be easier. The tape won't work on a Neo drysuit unless you do one more step. That step is putting Seal Cement down as a base layer. Use enough so you don't see the Neoprene yet. This builds up a base layer that is urethane based, and then the tape will stick to it :wink: Don't forget Aquaseal though, as all suits are different and you could have some deep seams to contend with. The Aquaseal with fill that in after install and get you fully dry if needed.

Or you can have us install it:
https://www.diverightinscuba.com/services.php

Now you just need to figure out how to put them on Fusions . . . :)

Actually, I think they're a great idea for that suit, because I suspect when zippers fail, they'll fail like mine did, right where the flex over the shoulder is the greatest.

Now you just need to figure out how to put them on Fusions . . . :)

Actually, I think they're a great idea for that suit, because I suspect when zippers fail, they'll fail like mine did, right where the flex over the shoulder is the greatest.

It doesn't bend properly for a fusion :wink:

Phooey.

Well that stinks!!!! Bare installed this zipper in my Nex-Gen and fell in love with the suit all over again. It is much more flexible than the metal zipper and made it feel like a whole new suit.

How is this installed in a neoprene drysuit? Can you glue them in like traditional zippers or do you have to use the tape?

You can glue it in like a normal zipper. Just sand/scuff it really good, and use your glue :wink: You can also sew it in and Aquaseal it to seal it up.

Have you tried it on a Fusion yet? It would seam the zipper would just conform to the shape of the fusion. Do you think it would pull apart in the front instead of rotating and taking the curve of the suit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom