Thursday 19th October - Weighin!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I have not been that good lately. I am hating the morning watch, paper work to get a promotion, and family stuff. I went back up to 288 Lbs and I am so tired and this sucks. Now winter is starting and I do not get out much or Scuba Dive much. Well, I want to give up but I am not because I swore to myself I would not get back over 300 lbs. I guess it will get better but when who knows. I am working overtime and I have not ate things like Snicker bars or sweet cakes but I have been slacking and paying for it with my weight.

You guys are doing great with the weight loss! ! ! ! Almighty you are awsome with the weight and starting this thread.

Floridawannabe, I know the feeling. Sometimes life just really does get in the way of "dieting". Jenny said something to me just recently that really struck a chord... she asked if I was really ready to lose weight? I thought I was, but in fact I wasn't because I just had too many other things going on and I was putting too much pressure on myself to "diet". For me, trying to diet and exercise according to some diet rules (you name it, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Jenny Craig, etc) was just more pressure than I could handle and when I couldn't keep up with it I felt like a failure and binged my way through the disappointment.

For me the answer was to stop dieting. I've found a website that has helped me tremendously in a different approach. If you'd like the info, please PM me. It's made me not as obsessive about the whole thing, and therefore I'm not constantly beating myself up about it (as you might be as well?) and I'm feeling a whole lot happier these days. Hang in there...

Hello everyone. I know I'm a day late, but I didn't lose anything so I guess it doesn't matter. Anyhoo, it's great to read everyone's posts and share in their struggles and successes. I had a rough week this week only because I really stuck with my diet and didn't lose a pound. I really believe the problem is that I'm not eating enough. For weeks I've been hungry all the time but my body has stubbornly held on to the weight. :shakehead So I have decided to go back to eating regular but healthy and not try to starve myself into a quick weight loss. Of course, at the not-so-Megadive next weekend all rules are thrown out the window. :D

FL DVLover, the Mega Dive will be challenging, but coming up with a plan before hand helps. For instance, I will eat some junk food, however, I am also bringing apples. The omlettes in the morning (now a Conch tradition), you can pick and choose what you want in yours, so if you don't want bacon or sausage, bring something else-onions, peppers, mushrooms, whatever. Also, drink lots of water, it will help keep you hydrated and fuller feeling, less likely to munch on the chips and cookies. I will induldge in a s'more on Saturday night. Glad you will be there, and between the both of us, we can help one another!
Oh, and we WILL have fun!

FL_DVLover:
Hello everyone. I know I'm a day late, but I didn't lose anything so I guess it doesn't matter. Anyhoo, it's great to read everyone's posts and share in their struggles and successes. I had a rough week this week only because I really stuck with my diet and didn't lose a pound. I really believe the problem is that I'm not eating enough. For weeks I've been hungry all the time but my body has stubbornly held on to the weight. :shakehead So I have decided to go back to eating regular but healthy and not try to starve myself into a quick weight loss. Of course, at the not-so-Megadive next weekend all rules are thrown out the window. :D

FL,

You will find that if you "starve" your body, your metabolism actually will slow down because your body is storing that energy in case it needs it, thus the lack of weight loss. Sensible portions with a mix of protein, fat and carbs, plus adequate exercise will boost your metabolism. The more lean muscle you have, the more energy that will burn. Now this is all non-professional advice, and you should see someone who is properly trained, but it has worked for me, and it came from my personal training consultant.

Have a good weekend all, happy diving to those who are!

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted. Everyone's doing so well! Let's see, 2 weeks ago I was at 217 again :( This past Friday I weighed in at 210. Hopefully the weight loss will continue. I've been trying to eat healthier and it seems to be working for me. Now if I can only get down to 175...............
Pat

Bubble head, have you joined the 10lb challenge? You would be in front right now, I think!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom