Thursday 083007 a new door opens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It has been way to long in the making but at 0700 hours on Thursday August 30, 2007 something new will begin operating.

THE SIDE SCAN IS HITTING THE WATER!

The last part finally came in and we are ready to start training with it.

The bummer parts about it is it will limit my diving because the SS team will not be diving. If we have a target the team will be called in to do the dive. You just can’t do both.

Another sad note is that Lane B was very instrumental on getting the SS. I think he did more foot work than anyone and he’s not on the SS team. But on a good note he will be running the dives.

So that nobody is mistaken I’m not staying that dry. The SS operational teams are made up of three people and there are 6 or 7 of us. Any three can go and rotate positions. So If I’m not on the boat I’ll be drying out my gear later. :wink:

Let the training begin.

Plus we have dive training on 09 26/27 07

Gary D.

At 0700 4 of us meet at the Marine Building and get the big boat set up for SS sea trials. There were a few hitches that were either over come or will be dealt with later.

One thing that won’t happen again was loading the 100# tow fish into the bow cradle. The boys are almost to my knees. From now on it will get loaded after the boat is floating.

All the mechanical goodies went fairly well with some needing minor changes. The electronics also went well except for the loose nuts on the keyboard.

We were happy with the results and after some modifications we will be back at it.

Then when we were loading the beast we see some bubbles in the boat ramp area which was occupied by a plethora of boats. On the end of the dock is a dive bag and some clothing.

We look at each other and basically all agree he’s an idiot. Then up pops two heads. WT(add what ever letter you like) they are diving tandem on one set of gear. Now we know they are idiots. :dork2: :dork2:

We go back to Marine get unloaded and stuff put away. Then I go back to the lake to see if this idiot is still alive.

We have to breed these flippin idiots up here. I ask him what he doing. He says “I’m taking people diving”. WT? again. I ask why and do you have any idea as to how dangerous what your doing is? The response was, “I’m a P-A-D-I Teacher”. A what? He didn’t say PADI he said P-A-D-I TEACHER. Not the word PADI but each letter P A D I Teacher.

He had several people waiting to put on the extra fins and the community mask to go for a 15’ deep ride.

EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeK

My basic question is that we know he’s an idiot. But who is the bigger idiot? Him or the people he’s taking for a ride?:shakehead:

I left a few minutes later. If he kills someone or himself they can call us and we’ll go back later to get them. I don’t really want to watch the drowning process.

Gary D.

Now I have heard it all,:shakehead: let us know if you haed to go dig them up:dork2:

Gary, did you get the Marinesonic unit?

And yes, the better you get at reading the damn thing the less you will be diving. Turns out I can read ours very well dammit.

Back
Top Bottom