Thresher shark sightings in PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
my instructor saw three in one dive, at 42-43 meters, diving Kilima Point in the morning.

smallest is 2.5 meters, biggest is 4.5 meters.

heard that off Sinan Digan, quite a few people have seen TS. specially boys at TechAsia

Very cool! So basically Maggie, you can guarantee me that I'm going to see Threshers? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

But seriously, it's cool to hear of neat critters popping up where they are least expected... You never really know what you'll see on a dive!!!:coffee:

Wow....Threshers sharks in PG ...ya.....hooooo..I want see .....too

i really need a wide angle lens :D
not for threshers, they will look too small. stick with the regular lens so you can fill the frame. WA is a crap shark lens.

Maggie, aren't you supposed to be in HK or something?

The thread Jigo started with links to Cecilia's site about threshers sighted in the Batangas market mentions Dec thru Feb being the months they pass by Batangas on a migratory route. Illijan Bay and Matoco Point are mentioned as areas they frequent, although I don't know exactly where those locations are, as far as being spots for diving.

It would be great if sightings were dependable enough to promote dive tourism to see them while they pass by. It sucks to see them chopped up for sale in the market....

not for threshers, they will look too small. stick with the regular lens so you can fill the frame. WA is a crap shark lens.

not exactly for threshers but for when i get back diving next month. thanks for the tip though mr. master :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom