Three months diving in Australia - where to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much for this website! A real wealth of information in there. Very useful.

PS3> I'd love to take pictures of both SeaDragons. I think i'll hvae to dive near Adelaide for that - am I right?

I live in Adelaide - I advise the following. There are 2 types of Sea Dragon. Firstly, Leafy Sea Dragons are a relatively common fish found along the southern coast of the Australian continent. Secondly, Weedy Sea Dragons (aka Common Sea Dragon) - these are also relatively common but have a greater range (as mentioned in earlier posts) around the Australian continent than Leafy Sea Dragons.

Best places on the Adelaide side of Gulf St Vincent (within 100 km drive of Adelaide) for sightings include Rapid Bay Jetty (shore dive), Second Valley (shore dive with some swimming) and Seacliffe Reef (boat dive). On the other side of the Gulf, best places ( within 2 hours drive from Adelaide) are Wool Bay (shore dive), Klein's Point Jetty (shore dive) and Edithburgh Jetty & surroundings (shore dive).

Some dive stores & independent instructors offer day trips to Rapid Bay Jetty for the purpose of finding The dive operator on Kangaroo Island (About Kangaroo Island Diving Safaris) also offers dives that specifically focus on locating Leafy Sea Dragons to show visiting divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom