Three girls surrounded by Bull Sharks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlayaCountryBoy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Playa del Carmen, Mexico-Meso American Reef
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Join me and Ben as we guided three lovely ladies, Robyn, Jennifer, and Mellanie, into the depths to check out our magnificant Bull Sharks. I guess we had 7-8 total with the sizes ranging from 6-10 foot in length. What a great way to spend an afternoon!

Very cool video!

It must be really amazing diving with such magificent animals. But, is it worth the risk? Call me a winnie, but I wouldn´t do it, specially not with customers.

Being that close to one of the three most dangerous shark species in the world is like walking through a minefield: you may come out OK at the other end, but will you every time?

I don´t want to be pessimistic, but accidents do happen... so let´s prevent them!

cheers

Alex from PVScuba

Nice video. Tip for the future is to get the girls in the shots!

It must be really amazing diving with such magificent animals. But, is it worth the risk? Call me a winnie, but I wouldnŽ´t do it, specially not with customers.

Being that close to one of the three most dangerous shark species in the world is like walking through a minefield: you may come out OK at the other end, but will you every time?
The trick is to not look like fish food. I think maybe better vis helps them determine what you are, vs. some other locations where its harder to see anything but shapes from ten feet.

Anyway, its not for everyone. Fortunately people get to decide for themselves.

Great video! Not much compares diving with bull sharks. I love it too.

I did that dive in November with Scuba Caribe. Got some nice stills but no video. Video is better. Good job

I have to say...I started diving these reefs back as a teenager with my parents back in the late 80's. But only in the last almost 6 years, have I accrewed thousand's of dives. And I can tell you, each year I see a significant increase in the numbers of Bulls in the waters here. I hail from the Gulf coast of Alabama and the panhandle of Florida and I can tell you, we've had Bull Sharks every year for years. They love water where the visibility is not so great. Sorta like here in some areas. Funny thing, here they congregate in one spot and it's in front of the most popular beach in Playa. Lucky for us, they are way out there near the trench which is hundreds of yards/meters from the beach there. Thank God! Although I would not swim at night off the beaches here between NOW and say...late February. Call it superstition. :crafty: Be safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom