Threaded, Hybrid and Normal Viewing... a poll.

What Mode do you view ScubaBoard in...

• Normal/I don't know

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Threaded

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I use all three from time to time.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Really now, what is "normal" around here anyway?

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We have recently eliminated both Threaded and Hybrid viewing modes for our users. They do not appear popular and they HOG up precious resources. I would LOVE to hear what mode you used, so please, please vote!

That would be an "I don't know"... :D

These are different ways of viewing the site and I am not sure how to explain them. I don't believe that most people even knew there were these options, but I want to find out.

If they were available, they would be under your usercp/options. Currently, only Linear is available.

Since they are used by only a few, it seems wise to free up the resources.

If they aren't available, seems like the answer will be the same for everyone - whatever is set as default.

Walter,

They WERE available. If there are enough people who WERE using it, it might make sense to try and make it work. If not, then we won't wasted any time. Thanks!

NetDoc:
Walter,

They WERE available. If there are enough people who WERE using it, it might make sense to try and make it work. If not, then we won't wasted any time. Thanks!

I nearly always used linear, except on LOOOONG posts, when I was trying to figure out who was replying to whom.

I won't miss the hybrid or threaded options.

I used Hybrid mode exclusively. I especially like it for looking at long threads I'm subscribed to and going right to the unread posts that are scattered thoughout the thread.

The modes are called Threaded, Hybrid and Linear (which NetDoc has referred to as "normal' in the poll).

If any of you have never seen what these look like and are wondering what "Threaded" and "Hybrid" look like, go to the The Deco Stop where all modes are still available and change the "Thread Display Mode" in the "edit options" section of the UserCP. This will help add context to what we're talking and voting about.

Christian

So I guess that explains why forum threads have been all screwed up - I had some of my features taken away. I don't even know how to use Linear mode... how do you find new posts? How do you know which response goes to which post?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom